Head of Manufacturing (m/f/d)
Who we are
TIB Molbiol is a medium-sized biotech company based out of Berlin, Germany who has supplied the global market for over 30 years with reagents for research and medical diagnostics. We were recently acquired by Roche, one of the largest pharma and biotech companies in the world. Roche has committed to keep the start -up character of the company so that the company can benefit from the advantages of a small biotech and the muscle and power of a large pharma/biotech company such as Roche. Our customers are mainly diagnostic and research labs, servicing patients every day, selecting from many hundred diagnostic and research PCR kits. TIB Molbiol has a worldwide leading position in responding to pathogenic outbreaks and pandemics. The company was worldwide the first able to offer a PCR test for SARS-COV-2 or the Monkeypox virus. Similar examples are the extremely fast response to swine flu, bird flu or the Zika outbreak in the Middle East.
Purpose of the Position
As Head of Manufacturing (m/f/d) you are taking care of the safe, cost-effective, and efficient operation of manufacturing, while in full compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), quality policies, and standards. You ensure market demands are met safely and in adequate time and quantities – always seeking for balance between quality, competitive cost and time for production.
- Your are responsible for implementing company strategies and tactics within your own area of responsibility, i.e., manufacturing of oligonucleotides and PCR based diagnostics test, and derive own strategies and tactics with focus on optimal resource and work allocation
- You take care of the overall budget and financial performance of the manufacturing organization.
- Within your team of roughly 30 employees, you create an environment of strong team spirit, timely and effective communications & a sense of urgency. Furthermore, you inspire, coach and develop a group of managers in production and empower & inspire all of your employees to achieve the goals.
- You lead and support conceptual work in cross-module and other complex projects to improve efficiency, technology and quality.
- You optimize production output and labor efficiency while meeting required safety and quality levels. So you might think of equipment, premises, infrastructure and the framework of competencies for example.
- You promote a positive Safety Culture and the GMP operating principles as well as you ensure compliance with GMP and SHE regulations. So your tasks are related to inspection readiness and to the support of inspection activities.
- You monitor deviations as well as you define and implement sustainable measures to reduce them (e.g. CAPA’s).
- Responsible to develop and implement SOP’s, guidelines and procedures for IVDR
Who You are
- You have a degree in a Science or Engineering discipline or equivalent
- You have many years of people management experience (>20 individuals) and several years of experience of manufacturing in the pharmaceutical/diagnostic industry
- Your knowledge of cGMP relevant to the diagnostics industry, of SHE regulations and of ISO13485 is up to date
- You possess strong verbal and written communication skills (English and German) and the ability to influence at all levels
- You are able to build trustful and effective relationships as well as you can think strategically and translate strategies into actionable plans
- And you take responsibility, drive results, and achieve expected outcomes
- You will get a permanent position in an internationally successful and growing company
- You will benefit from the broader Roche network and interact with various interfaces from other Roche locations
- You will be part of a great team, where you are able to contribute in terms of impactful leadership
- You benefit from short decision-making processes and a lot of creative freedom
Based in Berlin
If you feel addressed, then please send us your application with CV and references, stating your salary expectations and the possible starting date by e-mail to: [email protected] [email protected].
Questions? Feel free to contact me on LinkedIn or by mail: [email protected].